in Greenville, SC
The Short Story:
- Cascades has invested in the equipment, the resources and experienced personnel in order to lead our industry in total Wellness.
- We believe people can get better at any age and in any condition.
- Our dedicated Wellness Coordinator serves as both personal trainer and class instructor, providing classes and routines for all ability and experience levels.
- We believe wellness doesn’t just refer to exercise. It flows through everything: nutrition and diet, daily activities, social life, spiritual well-being, intellectual stimulation, time with family and friends, pursuing interests, fulfilling life long dreams and the list goes on…
The Long Story:
No one else compares to what we are doing combining wellness with independent living.
No one else compares to what we are doing combining wellness with healthcare.
Our participation rate is high. Our results are good. Our Members are happy.
We institute monthly wellness schedules in our community that feature normal exercise classes such as chair yoga, Pilates and core strength. Along with that comes the fun stuff like line dancing or more robust classes like the Senior Circuit.
Cascades’ Wellness Program assists our members in improving their quality of life through better cardiovascular function, increased strength, greater flexibility, better balance, enhanced endurance, intellectual stimulation, healthy menus, education and overall fitness.
Our Wellness Program inspires our members to have fun and be more active, makes it easier to perform daily activities, improves health and lowers risk for disease and disability. Our person-centered approach actually considers the "whole" person, and is designed to maintain and improve members’ current levels of physical, mental, social and spiritual wellness.
RESEARCH PARTNERSHIP with WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY
Our program is enhanced by our partnership with Wake Forest University and the J. Paul Sticht Center on Aging. Their research is committed to improving the quality of life for every one of our members and promoting a long and healthy lifestyle for seniors. Through the partnership we've been able to implement new tools for health assessments for our members, dietary programs for healthy weight management in the senior adult, exercise programs and more choices promoting independence while aging.
Classes are taught by our certified Wellness Coordinator who’s trained to deliver high quality instruction and guidance, assisting our members in achieving personal fitness goals as well as leading the way to a WELLER life. Like having a personal trainer, she makes sure each member gets the attention and encouragement needed to achieve maximum results and live life to the fullest
DOESN’T STOP IN HEALTHCARE
We believe everyone can get better…that everyone can get WELLER.
So add to the above our recent headline-grabbing Waves program, a water aerobics-based experience designed to increase cognitive function and provide an engaging workout for those living with dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
Waves was recently awarded the Best of the Best Award for Alzheimer’s programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Since the program’s inception at sister community Summit Hills in Spartanburg, residents have reported the following:
- Less agitation
- Increased lower body strength
- The ability to walk short distances around the community
- A 17 percent increase in performance on timed chair stands
- The opportunity to live a longer, healthier, happier life on their terms
Wellness classes and offerings exist throughout healthcare. Combined with nutritious menus, great-tasting food, fun social events and invigorating activities, our Wellness Program is truly helping our residents enjoy a better life.